CYTOGENOMICS LABORATORY DIRECTOR
Genetics Associates, Incorporated (GAI) in Nashville, TN has an opening for a Cytogenomics Laboratory Director. This is a full-time, hybrid position working Monday-Friday, with rotating weekend coverage responsibility.
This position will focus primarily on signing out cases for Prenatal, Oncology, FISH, Array, and Molecular testing. In addition, the laboratory director is responsible for the employment of qualified personnel as well as ensuring the provision of accurate and reliable test results.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Review, interpret and report patient results
- Hold management group meetings monthly, reviewing end of month reports on each department
- Hold director and supervisor meetings on a routine basis
- Sign out cases on a daily basis
- Work closely with operations and laboratory personnel
- Develop molecular testing and validations
- Valid licensure in the State of TN as a Medical Laboratory Director in Cytogenetics and/or Molecular Diagnosis
- Dual Board certified preferred
- Five years related experience in a clinical laboratory, high volume preferred
- Strong knowledge of laboratory regulatory requirements
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving physicians, clients, or others in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven team building skills
CYTOGENOMICS LABORATORY MANAGER
Genetics Associates, Incorporated (GAI) in Nashville, TN has an opening for a Cytogenomics Laboratory Manager. This is a full-time, on-site position working Monday-Friday, with rotating weekend coverage responsibility.
GAI is a full-service cytogenomics laboratory. We perform somatic and acquired standard cytogenetics analysis on prenatal, postnatal, and oncology specimens. We also offer fluorescence in situ (FISH), SNP chromosome microarray analysis, and hematologic malignancy-specific polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and next generation sequencing (NGS) testing.
The laboratory manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, company policies, and safety procedures as well as coordinating quality, administrative, personnel and technical activities to manage laboratory operations.
- Provides oversight of laboratory operations
- Management and oversight of laboratory personnel, including section supervisors, to ensure effective operations
- Work assignment and direction to ensure adequate staff coverage
- Monitors and directs workflow to achieve acceptable turnaround times
- Serves as client point of contact
- Coordinates resolution of incoming client service requests
- Coordinates with IT regarding client connectivity and interface needs
- Identifies lab issues, develops, and implements amicable solutions
- Oversees project completion, as need arises
- Serves as liaison between administrative and operations staff
- Oversees new client onboarding
- Oversees completion of performance evaluations
- Compiles information related to laboratory operations, prepare regular narrative and statistical reports to management team.
- Serves as liaison between technical and operations staff
- Provides input and oversees the implementation of new technical SOP/changes under the direction of laboratory director
- Coordinates and supervises report typing staff
- Directly communicates any laboratory and employee issues with directors
- Reviews complex abnormal cases before submission to directors
- Serves as liaison between quality and operations staff
- Develops and oversees new personnel training plans
- Develops and oversees employee initial and annual competency
- Monitors service and maintenance of equipment and instruments
- Maintains documentation and records for inspections, quality assurance and quality improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Six years progressive experience in the field
- Bachelor’s Degree
- American Society for Clinical Pathology Certification (ASCP) or equivalent
- Licensure in State of Tennessee
- Meets all requirements of the New York State Department of Health for a Laboratory Supervisor
- Exercise of considerable judgment in the (a) application and evaluation of laboratory results, (b) the implementation of new or revised procedures, and (c) the interpretation of policy.
- Supervisory/Managerial experience in a clinical laboratory
- Advanced and extensive clinical experience within Cytogenetics; experience in Molecular Pathology also preferred
- Demonstrable experience with regulatory requirements
Call 615-327-4532 to inquire about further employment opportunities.